Health problems caused by damp in house
Molds are ubiquitous, and mold spores are a common component of household and workplace dust; however, when mold spores are present in large quantities, they can present a health hazard to humans, potentially causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems.
Some molds also produce mycotoxins that can pose serious health risks to humans and animals. Some studies claim that exposure to high levels of mycotoxins can lead to neurological problems and in some cases death. Prolonged exposure, e.g. daily home exposure, may be particularly harmful. Research on the health impacts of mould has not been conclusive. The term “toxic mold” refers to molds that produce mycotoxins and not to all molds in general.
Damp in house, can usually be found in damp, dark or steamy areas e.g. bathrooms or kitchens, cluttered storage areas, recently flooded areas, basement areas, areas with poor ventilation and outdoors in humid environments. Symptoms caused by mould allergy are watery, itchy eyes, a chronic cough, headaches or migraines, difficulty breathing, rashes, tiredness, sinus problems, nasal blockage and frequent sneezing.
Locate your damp proofing companies
Akasia – Alberton – Benoni – Boksburg – Brakpan – Centurion – Gauteng – Hartbeespoort – Heidelberg – Johannesburg – Kempton park – Magaliesburg – Midrand – North west – Pretoria – Randburg – Roodepoort – Sandton – Springs
Free Quote Request
To request a quote, please fill out the form and a consultant will contact you as soon as possible.
Alternatively, for any other queries you may contact us using any of the methods provided below.
086 722 7273 or 012 751 3417